Title Insurer Requirements
A title insurer must be:
- duly authorized and licensed, as required, to issue title insurance in the state where the property is located; and
- further evaluated in accordance with the lender’s procedures for title insurer approval, which may include factors such as
- an acceptable rating from a rating agency,
- financial strength of the title insurer,
- adequate reserves,
- record related to satisfactory title claim resolution, or
- strength of a reinsurance arrangement subject to the guidelines below.
For additional information, see B7-2-02, Title Insurer Requirements.